MEDPRO™ Short Air Compression Range of Motions Walker Boot For Anke Fracture, Post-Operative Use following following Achilles Tendon
Choosing between the right features for your medical boot isn't the most glamorous accessory to choose from, but is very essential in your healing process. So which orthopedic walking boot is best? There are many considerations you must look at before buying the right product for your specific type of injury. Depending on the location or severity of your injury, a tall cast boot may be ideal compared to a short cam boot. Also, an air pump may be an important feature to add to your boot to help with the swelling.
SHORT VS TALL WALKING BOOTS:
- Usually worn for acute ankle sprains, stress fractures of the lower leg, soft tissue injuries of the lower leg, and stable fractures of the foot or ankle
- Allow support for the immobilization of the leg compared to the short medical boots
- Used post-surgery and provide support, protection, and essentially immobilization of the leg
- Help speed up the healing process and can ease the foot into the stages of bearing more weight after the initial injury.
Mostly used for postoperative foot surgery, metatarsal and digital fractures, and soft tissue trauma of the foot and ankle
- Convenient for not as severe injuries that do not need as much support, avoid irritation of the shin
AIRCAST VS NON-AIR WALKING BOOTS:
Air Pump Feature: Inflates an air bladder to the needed compression for increased stabilization of your injury.
- This extra feature ultimately helps accommodate swelling that occurs during the healing process
- Swelling can be controlled by using extra compression and elevation
- The air boot allows you to adjust the level of compression that is pumped into the boot, giving you the ability to choose the comfort level during each phase of your recovery
- Helps by contouring around the leg and reducing the movement within the boot
- More expensive, but helps with comfort
- The air bladders can offer customized compression for further immobilization which provides maximum support and comfort. And adjustable ROM Aluminum uprights allow for the flexion limit, allowing you to lock in almost any specific ankle angle or set parameters for a specific ankle range of motion, which fit comfortably foot and ankle flexion, limit foot and ankle range of motion
- The fracture boot for treatment and recovering sprain and fracture in the ankle or foot and for broken ankle can also be used for acute ankle sprains, soft tissue injuries, Achilles tendon rupture, stable lower leg, foot, and ankle fractures, and post-operative use
- Orthopedic boot lower profile and rocker-bottom design would effectively help gait natural when walking to allow continuation of daily activities
- The contoured strut of the air cam boot provides increased durability and stability
Size: Refer to size chart in picture
We Also Recommend
MEDPRO™ Carpal Tunnel Hand Wrist & Thumb Brace / Splint Adjustable Velcro Strap
MEDPRO™ Soft Foam Orthopedic Cervical Neck Support Brace for Moderate Neck Pain